Saturday, March 23, 2013

Some Things Feel Better With Time






Like this Vivienne Westwood top and my jacket from s/s 2013 with tattered details. I found the VW top in Iloilo and I've worn it countless of times and it feels softer more and more. I plan to wear it until it is totally wrecked, strewn with holes and tears. I think it's much more lovely that way. My jacket has frayed details on the sleeves and hem because I wanted to imbibe that same nostalgia of decay when I designed the collection it came from. And with constant washing and more use it gets frayed more in this softer fringe. I don't know if it's only in my head but I find those details give more humanity to how you look. That's why I don't mind a little bit of imperfection in what I wear.
 
top - Vivienne Westwood Man draped tank + DP s/s 2013 jacket, bottom - DP, shoes - Converse, accessories - pixelated frames from Kinggor

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ang fresh mo dito mare.. xoxo

Unknown said...

ang fresh mo dito mare in fairness!

fuchsiaboy said...

LOL! Thanks! Started to exercise again.