Thursday, March 28, 2013

Punk Ninja















I commissioned Waterlily to make me a nose ring for a shoot I did. We came up with an Indian-inspired version. So it was perfect to use after when I attended the fashion show of Cambodia-based label, Punk Couture by [cgbcn]. The collection that was presented had the Japanese samurai as their take-off point mixed with punk and deconstructionist sensibility. I wanted to convey the same spirit of style but mixed with my own flair. Everyone kept asking me where I got it and one of my friend, a textile designer, even commissioned one for herself because she liked it so much. Needless to say, I got a lot of attention that night and I'll be lying if I say I didn't enjoy it.

top - Another Place tee + DP top, bottom - DP pants + Uniqlo skirt, shoes - tabi, accessories - Kinggor pixelated frames + Waterlily nose ring + spike cuffs

No comments: