Sunday, January 06, 2013

Blown Up Proportion



I never really expected to get any piece from the Maison Martin Margiela x H&M collaboration but thanks
to my friend Ardin and his hoarding ways I have this oversized masculine jacket. It's really the perfect piece for me since I like to wear suit jackets. I love that it's not so heavy although it's fully lined. This particular re-edition jacket is from spring/summer 2000 and that particular collection had garments and accessories transformed by enlargement. The maison's concept brief describe the garments that was presented: a stereotype made up in white cotton to emphasise their basic characteristics of form and introduce an aspect of abstraction and an enlarged version of that stereotype made up in a selection of the most typical fabrics for a garment of its type. These exist in only in size 74. The enlargements included second hand dresses, tops and slips whose form and original size have been transformed by hand rendering a uniform size 74 for all garments. The enveloping silhouette can be quite dramatic and really a conversation starter.  

top - Maison Martin Margiela jacket + DP tee, bottom - DP s/s 2013 pants, shoes - tabi, accessories - Thomas Sabo skull necklace

2 comments:

inkarlcerating said...

omg ardin bought u.. kaingget ah haha he's starting a blog na daw ah. id wear this. i see myself and toxic in this outfeyt

fuchsiaboy said...

i could totally see you guys wearing this look. yeah, ardin got me this for Christmas.