Saturday, December 15, 2012

Two Black Jackets




I went thrifting recently and got two black jackets. I don't have a count how many black jackets I have already. I can't seem to get enough of it especially if it's designed by my fave designers.

One of the jackets I got is this zipped Y's Yohji Yamamoto. It is collarless and has two interior pockets. The cut is loose and relaxed, fitting perfectly with the aesthetic that Yohji promotes. He once said. "Men’s clothing is about tiny details, and I hate that. I am very small and I look stupid in a perfectly tailored suit. I want to be able to wear things that don’t fit perfectly, with the sleeves far too long. I wish clothing came with no sizes at all. It would be much better that way."






The other piece I got is this coat by Agnes B. made of cotton canvas. I consider Agnes B. in the same category of designers like Margaret Howell and Jean Touitou of A.P.C. who make clothing designs that are functional, timeless, classic and rooted in utility. Her clothes are meant to be used for everyday life and seems distant from frivolous fads and trends. This piece is perfect for casual events and I can't wait to wear it out.

No comments: