Friday, January 06, 2012

Trying Tepui

My tres charmant, workasonic friend, Arnie, treated moi and equally workasonic but blooming, Franco, for drinks and dinner at Tepui, a Venezuelan-inspired restaurant, when I was in Phnom Penh a few weeks ago for my Christmas holiday. I've been wanting to go ever since my friends raved about the food saying it's simply divine and mouth-watering. I was intrigued given my bitchy friends don't mince words when it comes to their grub because they have the bodies to show that they've eaten around (joking!) and know good food, hahaha! I had a taste test during Maan's birthday when they served some gazpacho on a shot glass, ceviche and savory barquillos. I was impressed by the ceviche so I wanted to try the full meal experience.

Sir Arnie ordered some salmon croquetas, empanada with goat cheese, a spiced baked mashed potato, tuna escalavada and a grilled mackerel with pomegranate sauce. Their food is really delicious and it's a bummer we forgot to talk to the chef to say our compliments of his delish food. I had a potent tamarind martini, if you like your booze on the sweet side, and a deceptively simple looking brownies & vanilla ice cream, which proved the BEST finale to the meal.

Tepui is on the second floor of The Chinese House in Phnom Penh. I suggest you reserve a table.

No comments: