Saturday, February 26, 2011

Thrifting News

I went thrifting today. My goal was to find some bags but the selection didn't excite me except for a small leather pouch, which I got for 1000 riels.

I checked out the clothes and was really encouraged. Aside from pieces by Tsumori Chisato, Agnes B. and Michel Klein, I also found Comme des Garcons and Issey Miyake.

This Comme des Garcons top is designed like 2 shirts is sandwich-ing a light padding. The breast pocket is inside, as well as the printed label.

I also found this blue Issey Miyake dress in the same lot. I got both pieces at 1000 riels each (more or less 10 pesos each).

My friend Cielo also found this Maison Martin Margiela Ligne 10 grey tee in the same thrift market. I'm so happy because it has been lightly used and still looks brand new. She got it for 500 riels or about 5 pesos.

I also went thrifting in Phnom Penh when I went there with my family. I mostly got bags. I found a suede Miu Miu tote, Y'saacs Pour Femme hand bag, Porter tote and lots of other Japanese labels, which my sister and mom hoarded. Here's the pieces I got for myself:

Y'saccs Pour Homme nylon belt bag. I like that it's so light but sturdy. Got it for $2.00.

Margaret Howell canvas tote bag. Inspired by function and utility, indeed. This one is $1.00.

Jean Paul Gaultier patent leather bag with airport tags detail. I was so happy to find this never used JPG bag with tags and care card intact. It was originally sold by WHY Japan. I got this for $2.00, which I think is nowhere near its original price. Quite lovely, don't you think?

4 comments:

Tom said...

I hate you! haha. Lucky bastard. Wish we have thriftstores like that around here. Would love me some CDG and Miyake anytime. The JPG tote is cool!

Anonymous said...

Yippee! Another thrifting post. You were mentioning eye-popping, can't believe-it's-true prices...thrifting there is surely cheaper than back home. The white shirt and Jean Paul Gaultier bag are my favorite finds of yours.:-)

Sintea :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I really like your "thrifting" posts. I hope I can also find such gems here in Manila :-)

fuchsiaboy said...

im glad you like it!