Sunday, January 24, 2010

Angkor Wat Again


We had a quick tour of Angkor for the benefit of Tita Love, Loven's mother. She was contented to have a brief tour and was more enamored with the fauna growing in the area. You see she's a master gardener and does landscaping for a living.



I usually pass by the Victory Gate during the morning part of the tour so it was different for me to go there late in the afternoon.



The right side has demons holding the huge naga.



While the left has the celestial beings. It's the mystical tug-of-war being described in the Hindu legend of Churning of the Sea. Honestly, I'm not sure if it's really accurate and that is what it is. I just randomly got that out of my head, at least, something that I remember. Feel free to explain in details if you know. ;)


We also checked parts of Bayon temple.



It's the temple with faces carved out of its domes. I forgot how many faces you can find. I always feel like I'm in some alien planet when I'm there. It's my favorite temple maybe because vanity is my favorite sin! Lol! (Naku mababasa to ni Ate Cielo lagot ako! Joke lang po.)







Here's Faith and Freedom in the Terrace of the Leper King. The carvings on the back are supposed to represent hell, I think. Whatever, it looks nice.

That's Lovegrace, Loven's sister; Nanny, Faith's aunt and Tita Love with Freedom. They enjoyed the brief tour. Apres, we were so hungry so we ate dinner at Pho de Paris.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aha DP! nabasa ko na nga! REPENT na! Gal.5:19-21 ay dapat binabago :) mwuaah! Cielo

fuchsiaboy said...

lol! ate you're sooo funny ;)

Angkor wat temple said...

Nice place. Angkor temple is located in the Cambodian region.This temple is the national symbol of Cambodia.Angkor Wat has also count in he Seven Wonders of the World. Best time to visit is december and January in winter.You can visit any time any day throughout the year.